Jupiter’s Great Red Spot
- Jupiter’s Great Red Spot (GRS) is an atmospheric storm that has been raging in Jupiter’s southern Hemisphere for at least 400 years.
- About 100 years ago, the storm covered over 40,000 km of the surface. It is currently about one half of that size and seems to be shrinking.
- At the present rate that it is shrinking it could become circular by 2040. The GRS rotates counter-clockwise(anti-cyclonic) and makes a full rotation every six Earth days.
- It is not known exactly what causes the Great Red Spot’s reddish color. The most popular theory, which is supported by laboratory experiments, holds that the color may be caused by complex organic molecules, red phosphorus, or other sulfur compounds.
- The GRS is about two to three times larger than Earth. Winds at its oval edges can reach up to 425 mph (680 km/h)
- Infrared data has indicated that the Great Red Spot is colder (and thus, higher in altitude) than most of the other clouds on the planet
Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights (via observando)
I’ll have this tattooed on me soon!
Currently reading this for the third time.
Click Here To See Them All!
My contributions for the WtNV Table-Top Role Playing Game!
I did all of the character profiles, which granted took a lot of time. But I got excited, and I didn’t like the idea that any of the character profiles would be done in different styles (breaks in continuity bother me).
If you guys like table top games, check it out!! It runs on a simple 2d6 system, and would probably work best as a story driven campaign. If you guys do decide to play it send me your campaign stories I wanna hear em!!
blinking is like clapping for your eyes
just remember that ur eyelids are always applauding u and cheering u on even if nobody else is
This website is so inspirational
Hello Kitty is the most embarassing song I’ve ever heard omg
I KNOW RIGHT
I just watched the video today and I just wanted to P-P-Punch her in the F-F-Face, what a racist bitch.
And so is Arissa, also from Monoxious.
Oh look, they reblogged a post from my old account.